Friday, October 8, 2010

Sept 21st:Day 33

A big day as we planned to finally reach the coast at White Rock. We had breakfast in the room and drove out of Kelowna in the rain. The drive would probably be a stunner in fair weather but the clouds were low and the rain was constant.

 We couldn't see the peaks except for the occasional glimpse but there many small waterfalls tumbling down the green mountainsides.
 At some point we drove out of the rain and by the time we reached White Rock the sun was shining.
Holy shit, the ocean!!

I must have used my sexy voice when I made the reservation because we were given an enormous suite with a full kitchen, living room, two bathrooms and a balcony with an ocean view.
We were finally able to sit outside and enjoy some of that fine Okanagan wine.

We went to Moby Dick's fish and chips for dinner. Their fish and chips are freshly made and awesome. Lorraine ordered them but for some reason I didn't. Instead, I had the fried oysters which had obviously come from a box in the freezer. Lorraine pitied me.
We decided to stay for two more days.





No comments:

Post a Comment